UASSP Secretary Conference 2018 Presenters
Dr. Hank Smith Dr. Smith has been published in journals and books around the world. His article, "Trust at Ground Zero: Trust and Collaboration within the Professional Learning Community" was recently featured in the bestselling international book "Trust and School Life" He is an energetic, humorous and motivational speaker. He presented at the UASSP Summer conference to the Secondary Principals and Assistant Principals.
Assistant Principal Conference
Mid-Winter Conference 2019 Presenters
January 28-30th 2019
Salome Thomas-EL is an award-winning teacher and principal, and internationally recognized speaker and educator. Principal EL believes that resilient leaders make courageous decisions, take risks, and challenge the status quo. They are able to bounce back from adversity to become innovative and transformational to ensure all teachers and students achieve their dreams, no matter the odds. Transformational leaders shift mindsets and inspire others to effect change. In his thought-provoking presentations, Principal EL shares how we can change school cultures and foster a positive school climate, so teachers and leaders can focus on the protective processes that build resilience in all our students.
Dr. Jeffrey Zoul is a lifelong teacher, learner, and leader, currently serving as Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning with Deerfield Public Schools District 109 in Deerfield, Illinois. Dr. Zoul is also the author of several books relating to education published by Eye On Education in New York. His books include Improving Your School One Week at a Time: Building the Foundation for Professional Teaching and Learning. Principled Principal and The 4 CORE Factors for School Success, co-authored with Dr. Todd Whitaker. Jeff has also served as an adjunct professor at North Georgia College and State University, teaching graduate level courses.
Summer Conference 2018 Presenters
- Dr. Hank Smith "The Anatomy of High Trust Schools" Hank has been published in journals and books around the world. His article, "Trust at Ground Zero: Trust and Collabroation within the Professional Learning Community" was recently featured in the bestselling international book "Trust and School LIfe"
- Dr. Rick Jeeter "Escaping the School Leaders Dunk Tank" This session will tackle adversity in the education and prevailing a a leader by knowing:
- Which emotional driving forces may be triggering your adversary's negative behaviors.
- How to recognize the most common tactics used against school leaders or other educators.
- Why building positive relationships is important to your survival.
- What you may be doing to hurts others' careers...or even your own.
- How to redefine yourselt and reclaim your life and career at any time.
- Dan Kelly, NASSP President
- Whitney Phillips, Ph.D. Chief Privacy Officer Utah State Board of Education "Data Privacy Essentials for Principals"
- POY & APOY Presentations
- Dale Wilkinson, Ben Lomond High School Principal of the Year After 30 years as a teacher and Principal at the elementary, middle and high school levels there is much to consider about the blessings and challenges of being an educator.
Join me for a reflection of why we do what we do .
- Dixie Garrison, West Jordan Middle, Middle School Principal of the Year will present on how Growth Mindset has transformed the teachers, students and community of West Jordan Middle. How to go from Trauma-Informed to Trauma-Responsive and create Mindful Learners. Initiatives include Mindful Moments, Brain Breaks, After-school Programs and Flex-time Enrichments. She will also share the positive impact of Standards-Reference Grading and Inclusion practices on the learning process.
- Sandra LeCheminant Albion Middle School, Middle School Assistant Principal of the Year will present on the challenge of keeping current once you take on the multi-faceted challenge of being an assistant principal. She will address ways in which to be a vital instructional leader, mediator, politician, healer, comedian, researcher, coach, security guard, detective, lion tamer, and survivor!
- Brandon Callor, State Medical Examiner Suicideolgist